When it is time to pressure wash a house, important steps should be taken to ensure you do not incur any damages.
1. Improper use of pressure washers or selection of the wrong spray tip can cause:
– Shredding of window screens
– Paint removal
– Vinyl siding to be ripped off or loosened
– Window seals to break
– Water damage inside your home
– Cracks in brick or stucco siding
Remember, when choosing a pressure washer, PSI is the pressure output measured in ‘pounds per square inch’ and GPM is the volume of water a machine delivers, measured in ‘gallons per minute’.
2. Choose the right pressure washer:
If you are cleaning wood or aluminum siding, a different pressure and spray nozzle are needed than what is typically used for vinyl siding.
3. Protect plants, shrubs, electrical and light fixtures from water pressure and water seepage:
Cover all with plastic or waterproof drop cloths and seal covers with waterproof tape.
4. Avoid all vent openings:
Cover all openings with plastic and tape to avoid water damage in your home.
5. Close all windows:
Remember to check every floor and every room.
6. Prepare the power washer cleaning solution:
Be sure to use the right amount of solution and water when filling the machine.
7. Connect the garden hose to the pressure washer water supply:
Turn on the water.
8. Test the pressure washer:
Hold the nozzle with both hands at least 3 feet away from the wall and move in only if necessary to increase the pressure required to remove dirt.
9. Always start at the top of the house:
Spray overhangs and gutters. Then move the spray from side to side all the way down.
Use only water for rinsing and rinse from the top down.
Pressure Washer Attachments:
Use Foaming gun to spread chemicals, then let sit for couple minutes depending on the temperature outside.
Pressure Washer Detergent:
Detergent solutions are specifically formulated for different types of house siding. Use the right one for brick, wood, vinyl or stucco. Always choose an eco-friendly cleaning product.
It is never a good idea to make an uneducated decision or choose the cheapest option for residential pressure washing. Take care of your investment.
If you prefer to hire a Vancouver contractor to pressure wash your home, call Alblaster Pressure Washing to learn more about the techniques and solutions we use.
Get the reliable experience of an insured contractor working for you.